According to the Ayurveda philosophy, Golden Milk, or Turmeric Tea, should be drunk in the evening right before going to bed, yet it is perfect to start your day in the best way, too.
Adding pepper and preparing it warm will help to activate the bioavailability of the curcumin, which is a potent antioxidant.
- 2 glasses of vegetable milk (almond, coconut…)
- 1 coffee spoon of curcuma powder
- 1/2 coffee spoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 little bit of black pepper
- A few little pieces of fresh ginger root
- 1 coffee spoon of honey or maple syrup
Shake the curcuma powder together with the cinnamon powder, the black pepper and a little slice of fresh ginger root. If you can find it, add a little slice of curcuma root too.
After mixing well all the spices, put in a milk pan together with the milk.
Warm up without boiling for 3-5 minutes, mixing well.
Add a coffee spoon of honey or maple syrup and drink while it is still warm.